Accretive Asset Management developed the BulletShares methodology in 2009 with the objective of combining the benefits of individual bonds and bond funds. Each BulletShares index represents a specific year of maturity and terminates after the bonds in its portfolio mature. Investors can use products based on BulletShares Indexes like they use individual bonds, whether building traditional bond ladders or constructing more sophisticated portfolios designed to meet future cash flow needs. These indexes are the foundation for bond funds that act like bonds.
Explore the benefits of Nasdaq BulletShares®-based products
Nasdaq BulletShares products offer:
- Bond-like Performance: BulletShares-based products have a maturity date and allow investors to lock in an anticipated yield to maturity. Learn more about BulletShares bond-like performance.
- Customization: BulletShares-based products are powerful tools advisors can use to create customized fixed income portfolios with cash flows that match the lifestyle needs of investors. Learn more about BulletShares customization.
- Precision: BulletShares-based products provide targeted exposure to portfolios of bonds that mature in a particular calendar year allowing Advisors to select the maturity profile that makes sense for their clients. Learn more about BulletShares precision.
- Diversification: BulletShares-based products are well-diversified portfolios of individual bonds allowing Advisors and their clients to reduce the impact of concentration risk in their portfolios.
- Efficiency: BulletShares-based products benefit from reduced portfolio turnover, thereby reducing the potential impact of trading costs and capital gains in the portfolio. Learn more about BulletShares efficiency.
Corporate Bond Indexes
Nasdaq BulletShares USD Corporate Bond Indexes measure the performance of maturity-targeted segments of the U.S. investment - grade corporate bond market. The methodology allocates bonds from the universe of eligible securities into indexes based on maturity, or in some cases anticipated effective maturity date.
High Yield Corporate Bond Indexes
Nasdaq BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond Indexes measure the performance of maturity-targeted segments of the U.S. high yield corporate bond market. The methodology allocates bonds from the universe of eligible securities into indexes based on maturity, or in some cases anticipated effective maturity date.
Nasdaq BulletShares® Ladder Indexes
Nasdaq BulletShares Ladder Indexes provide access to BulletShares exchange-traded funds (ETFs). The indexes can serve as benchmarks to the standard laddered strategy utilized by investment professionals and retail investors.
The Indexes are equal weighted and use Guggenheim BulletShares ETFs to track defined maturity targets of 0-3 years and 0-5 years of the investment grade and high yield corporate bond markets. Each BulletShares Ladder Index rebalances annually in December to reinvest the proceeds of maturing BulletShares ETFs in the next eligible BulletShares ETF, so that the index has an equal weighting across constituents. Nasdaq BulletShares Ladder Indexes are traditional bond ladders implemented through target maturity bond ETFs.
These indexes include:
Each Nasdaq BulletShares Index is based on an objective, rules-based methodology engineered to create diverse portfolios of securities with appealing liquidity characteristics that enhance the investability of the indexes.
The information contained within is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and nothing contained herein should be construed as investment advice, either on behalf of a particular security or an overall investment strategy. Neither Nasdaq, Inc. nor any of its affiliates makes any recommendation to buy or sell any security or any representation about the financial condition of any company. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Investors should undertake their own due diligence and carefully evaluate companies before investing. ADVICE FROM A SECURITIES PROFESSIONAL IS STRONGLY ADVISED.