Nasdaq's Hans-Ole Jochumsen, President of Nasdaq, welcomed former Federal Reserve Chairman, Ben Bernanke to MarketSite for the third installment of Politico's America's Fiscal Future speaker series. Hosted by Ben White, Politico's Senior Political Correspondent.
Bernanke answered a wide-range of questions that included:
- What are the potential consequences if Congress fails to raise the national debt limit on time?
- What are the biggest risks to the U.S. economy?
- What factors should influence future interest rate increases?
- If there was another economic downturn, what other actions could the Federal Reserve take, now that interest rates remain at zero?
- Should there be increased transparency at the Federal Reserve?
- Does he believe that big banks should be broken up?
- Would he like to be Baseball Commissioner?