1. Why are you launching this training?
Regulatory compliance is the cornerstone of a reliable marketplace and the Certified Adviser function is fundamental in monitoring First North issuers. In order to build even better competence among our Certified Advisers in this area and establish a more efficient collaboration between the Certified Advisers and Nasdaq, we are launching this training where we go through the most important aspects of the role and explain relevant rules and laws in more detail.
2. Is it a mandatory activity?
Yes, this is a mandatory training for everyone who work with issuers in a certified adviser capacity.
3. What is the difference between a “designated contact person” and a “certified adviser”?
For the purposes of this training, the “Certified Adviser” is the company that provides the certified adviser services. The “designated contact person of the Certified Adviser” is every individual who provides certified adviser services to a First North issuer, whether they currently have an issuer that they are advising or not.
4. Do all the employees who work at a Certified Adviser have to take the training?
Everyone who works or plan to work in the capacity of a designated contact person, in other words everyone who are licensed to advise a First North company, must take the training.
5. Is the training a one-time event?
The plan is to launch the training on an annual basis. We may however come to change the format over time.
6. How long does the training take to be completed?
The training takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
7. Do I have to complete the training in one go or can I do it in slots?
You do not have to complete the training in one go and if you exit the training your progress will be saved. You must however complete the training within the prescribed deadline.
8. Do I still have to attend the certified adviser training session at Nasdaq that is mandatory for all new certified advisers?
Yes you do. This is a great opportunity for you to visit Nasdaq and meet some of the people with whom you will have regular contact in the future. In that session we also go through important local regulations and practices that are not currently presented in the training.
9. Is the training available in Swedish/Norwegian/Danish/Icelandic?
No. The training is currently only available in English.
10. How do I access the training?
You will receive an email from Nasdaq Academy where you will get instructions on how to access the training.